My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

11 April 2010

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: The End


Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon has been officially over now for almost 4 hours and I am just now getting to the completion post, if that gives one any indication of how poorly I did.

What went wrong in my plans?
  • I assumed I would have time in the car to read.
  • I underestimated how long the college visit would be (12 total hours from door to door).
  • I underestimated how old I am.
  • I underestimated the amount of sleep I required.
  • I forgot my neighbours still needed help, I thought they had decided upon an apartment.
  • I did not count on a high level of pain, which was silly, I was in a car or touring a campus for 12 hours!
What went right for me?
  • I placed people first.
  • I spent quality time with my oldest son.
  • I helped neighbours in need
  • I found some delightful book bloggers through the read-a-thon.
  • I realised my limitations and learned to be okay with them.
What did I get read?
  • A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin (422 pages)
  • Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze (329 pages)
Give thanks where thanks is due!

There are so many people to thank. The Cheerleaders who worked to keep the readers going, the challenge hosts (even if I did not participate in many, I read every challenge, you are indeed a creative lot), the hosts, and every single person who helped make this read-a-thon a success.
I would also like to thank my readers who had to put up with the few read-a-thon posts I did publish.

What will I do differently next time?

I will first and foremost look at my family calendar. I truly forgot about the 12 our trip until the night before the read-a-thon and it tumbled downhill from there. I will participate in the next one and figure I cannot do worse. ;)


Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

People always come first!

Even thought you said you didn't get to read much, you still beat my page total! Good job!

Helen's Book Blog said...

You managed to do good reading AND spend great quality time with your family! Good on you! I hope the college trip was a success.

J.T. Oldfield said...

I'm glad that the tour went well. Just think, next 'thon he'll be away at school!!!!! (or maybe you don't want to think about that...)