My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 April 2010

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Progress Report


I am in the midst of the Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. So far the day has gone much worse than I thought reading wise. I did think I would get a good 6 hours of reading done in the car, however that did not happen, rather we discussed colleges on the drive there and the college visited on the way home. I did have a delightful time with my oldest and his plans.

Pizza has been ordered and I will be sitting down to read a different selection of books than I previously thought I would be reading, due to time. My hopes are to finish and read:
  • A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin
  • Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze
  • How Clarissa Burden Learned To Fly by Connie May Fowler
  • Sea Witch by Helen Hollick (something keeps interrupting me with this book and I am loving this book).
Go Team Byron!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Jennifer,

I found you on the google map of readers. Apparently we're neighbors. I'm reading from Dunedin, FL today. :)

Carin said...

Good luck tonight! But honestly, the college discussing is really important so I'm glad you did that. I hope your son is enjoying the visits.

Florinda said...

Just stopped here to leave a cheer - "Rock on, Readathon-er!"

I'm one of your Team Byron teammates. There's still plenty of Readathon left - happy reading :-D.

BiblioMom said...

I'm a Team Byroner as well!

Happy Halfway There.

Melis said...

The reading will stop
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
your book count will be higher
Just keep thinking about tomorrow
all the great books you will have to talk about
with your blogger friends
If you get blurred or sore, or sleepy
Just stick up your chin
and grin
and say
My TO BE READ PILE, Tomorrow
will be smaller than it was before
and your spirits will soar
because then TOMORROW, TOMORROW You can go shopping TOMORROW at Amazon and BUY SOME MORE!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Time with your son - that is awesome Jennifer :)

I always choose books and wind up reading something else... hope you are getting in some good reads now :)

Michelle said...

I have felt as if I'm not living up to my read-a-thon potential, either, although you have a much more valid distraction than I do! I just keep getting sidetracked by the cat and my husband and ...staring at the wall...

Valerie said...

Go Team Byron :-) ! I think many of us with kids find that we get less reading time during the readathon than we hope for. But still more than on an usual weekend, probably!

Valerie said...

Go Team Byron :-) ! I think many of us with kids find that we get less reading time during the readathon than we hope for. But still more than on an usual weekend, probably!

jehara said...

fellow team byroner as well. Only a few more hours to go!!!