My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

06 April 2010

Guest Author: Amelia Grey!


The Colors in our Lives

My favorite colors are the ones that surround me in Florida. The sugar-white sand that fans down the coast, the ocean’s cerulean blue, and the oh-so fabulous golden rays of perfect sunsets. These colors inspire me as I write, taking me to the parlors of London and the social life of the Ton. They inspire me to describe the perfect dresses and jewelry for my heroine, or the finest China tea set. I live in paradise and I love it!

While my hometown is the perfect resort, I’m blessed that I’ve been able to travel all over the world. Recently, my husband and I went to Africa for the first time. Mind you, I’m sure most everyone would have been thrilled to go. I wasn’t all gung-ho for this trip. It’s a long flight, and I worried about the heat and dust. And of course, the bugs and the animals!
After a very long two day flight, we landed. Tired, we made it to our hotel. We first stayed at the Ngorongora Crater Lodge and then later at Faru Faru River Lodge. I must say, as soon as I looked on the splendor, I said to myself the crater is so beautiful I'm sure God made it just so we would know how beautiful the earth was in the Garden of Eden.

Vastly different from Florida, Africa’s colors are bold and rich. The oranges of the earth, the slate-gray of elephants, the desert tans, and the spots of the leopards and cheetahs seeped into my mind. Animals just walk around so peaceful and allow the Jeeps to go right up to them. Where we stayed, there were three lodges or camps within walking distance of each other. The one we stayed at had the most fabulous view of the crater as the lodges are on the rim. Anyway we were told we were staying at the camp where Angelina and Brad stayed at before Jenn knew of their romance! Have no idea if that’s true.

Every afternoon when we returned from our drive, our butler had a hot tub of water waiting with rose petals strewn all over the bathroom and bed. He was waiting outside the lodge for us with a wet cloth and scotch for Floyd and wine for me. The chef came out each night to inquire as to what we wanted for dinner. It was truly an awesome experience.

After dinner Mosi warriors (that’s what they called them) walked us to our bungalow. They carried their spear and large (I mean huge) knife around their waist. At the Faru Faru we had to have guards, too, but they were very military looking with black berets, wide black belts and khakis stuffed in black military boots.

We saw so many animals. I was truly frightened twice. We were within twenty yards of a herd of seventy-five elephants! And then, when we were within ten feet of a pride of eleven lions. It was truly something to behold. We stopped for lunch in the middle of (our guide said) at least 200,000 wildebeests when we were following the Great Migration. Our guide set up a table with chicken, beets, peppers, potatoes. It was fabulous. We saw so many giraffes I lost count. Three different times we were able to watch a cheetah stalk a gazelle (one time an impala), but all three times the cheetah didn’t make the kill. That’s what they call it--the kill--if the cheetah, leopard or lion actually brings down the warthog, gazelle, zebra or whatever they are trying to catch for their dinner.

Africa was a trip that I will never forget. I was in awe of everything. I'm so glad I went. Now I have a new palette of colors to inspire me as I write. Have you ever been some place, or been swept away in a book to a setting, that you were amazed by? Please share your adventures!
The first chapter of my latest book An Earl to Enchant, the third book in the Rogues’ Dynasty Series is available on my website. I invite you to stop by and give it a try.

I’m always happy to hear from readers. Please e-mail me at ameliagrey@comcast.net or visit my website at http://www.ameliagrey.com/.style="font-style: italic;">


Thank you Amelia for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop by. Just a reminder, her newest novel in The Rogues' Dynasty, An Earl To Enchant is released today!

Title: An Earl To Enchant
Author: Amelia Grey
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: April 6, 2010
Paperback: 352 pages
ISBN: 9781402217616
Genre: Historical Romance

My review of this fantastic novel can be found here.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tea said...

Hi Jennifer,

I can't believe Amelia Grey is here. Hello Amelia Grey. I'm sure you do have lots of fun writing these books. In The Earl to Enchant I am enjoying the descriptions of Arianna's saris. I remember the Talbot pearls from another book. Of course, I also remember Lord Chesterfield's wise quotes.
It's great to have you here.

Amelia said...

Tea,
Thank you for stopping by and I'm always thrilled to hear from a fan! I absolutely had immense fun with these books and especially An Earl To Enchant because my heroine was so different from the kind I usually write. And having Lord Chesterfield and the grandmother Lady Elder along for the ride has simply made the series a wonderful adventure for me!
Amelia

Amelia said...

Thank you for having me today. Thank you for the fabulous review and I thrilled you enjoyed the book. I loved looking over your site! I'll try to stop by one more time after dinner tonight to see if I need to answer any questions.
Until next time,
Amelia

Doll Clothes Gal Pal\ said...

Hello Amelia!!! :-)