My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

13 April 2010

Teaser Tuesdays- Alexandra, Gone



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here is mine:

"He had hidden from the reality of the loss of his daughter for months. He had pushed her away into a tiny corner of his mind because to think about her and to allow himself to feel the emotions he had felt those first few weeks would have been unbearable."

~Page 213 , Alexandra, Gone by Anna McPartlin
My review is here.

What are you reading?

Photobucket

28 comments:

Clarissa said...

Sounds kind of deep

Here is my teaser
http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com

pussreboots said...

Not for me, I think. My teaser is from The Language of Bees.

Beth said...

Very sad. Here is my teaser.

Rheanna said...

Sound like a powerful Love story is a-brewin! I'm a big love conflict person so I enjoyed your teaser! And your blog is gorgeous!

Jan von Harz said...

Sounds quite sad. Losing a child has got to be the worse loss ever. Hope you are enjoying the book.

Shon said...

Sounds like an emotional read.

Here's my teaser:

http://memybookandthecouch.blogspot.com/2010/04/tuesday-teasers.html

Amy said...

Sounds sad but interesting. Good teaser.

Audrey said...

Ok - will this book make me cry? Will have to check it out.
HERE is mine!

Marg said...

This sounds as though it could be quite sad.


My teaser is here

fredamans said...

Yeah, I'm not feeling it either....

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser_12.html

Book Dilettante said...

Sounds sad. Hope he copes! Here's mine: Teaser Tuesday

Lisa said...

Sound like something I like to read.

Here's mine

Andrea said...

It sounds so sad. I can only imagine. Nice teaser.

My teaser.

Abi said...

interesting.
My TT is here
http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-plain-paradise.html

Alayne said...

How sad. :( My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Sounds sad but good.

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Tricia said...

Sounds like a very emotional read. Here's mine: http://triciareads.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-9.html

Book Sake said...

A haunting teaser.

My teaser is at BookSake.

Susie Sharp Librarian said...

Oh my that sounds like a powerful book!
Here's Mine

Missy B. said...

Sounds like a sad teaser.....

tweezle said...

A most interesting teaser. Makes you think of your own dealing with loss..

Here's my teaser for this week.

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser!

Christina T said...

Good teaser. I enjoyed your review. I will have to look for this at the library.

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

Sad teaser (but good!)

Here is my teaser for today.

♥Isalys

Rose City Reader said...

Sad.

Thanks for visiting Rose City Reader.

Corrine said...

This is a sad teaser! I hope you are enjoying the book. I may have to add it to my wishlist. :)

Phyl said...

That is a really powerful teaser. It sounds like it might be a really emotional read.

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Laura Toepfer said...

Oh, sadness!

Thanks for stopping by earlier.