Title: Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes
Author: Phyllis Pellman Good
Publisher: Good Books; Rev Upd edition
Publication Date: May 2010
Paperback: 283 pages
About the book:
"Little fuss. Lots of flavor. We busy people love that!"
The book has already sold more than 5 million copies, so we didn't want to spoil it! We have only added a few enhancements to this original cookbook in the wildly claimed Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook series:
1. Brand New: 100 new recipes for slow cookers.
2. Brand New: "Prep Time," "Cooking Time," and "Ideal Slow-Cooker Size" are included for each recipe.
3. Brand New: 4 pages of basic and very helpful "Extra Information":
* "Substitute Ingredients for When You're in a Pinch"
* "Equivalent Measurements"
* "Kitchen Tools and Equipment You May Have Overlooked"
* "Assumptions about Ingredients in Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook, Revised and Updated"
4. Brand New: 1 page of "Tips for Using Your Slow Cooker: a Friendly, Year-Round Appliance."
5. Brand New: Additional tips and tricks for making the most of your slow cooker, spread throughout the book.
6. Brand New: A second color -- a rich purple -- for recipe titles, contributors' names and addresses, the words "Tip" and "Variation," and the numbered instruction steps.
7. Brand New: The drawings on the opening pages of chapters and the spot illustrations throughout.
8. Brand New: 1 page of tip-in color, right inside the front cover.
9. Brand New: 2 pages of review excerpts to position the original book's success, immediately following the tip-in page of color.
10. Revised: An improved Index!
11. Revised: A personal Introduction to the book by author Phyllis Pellman Good.
12. Revised: Good's personal comments and voice throughout the recipes.
We've learned a lot since the original Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook first quietly appeared. Now you and your customers can benefit with this new edition of the beloved favorite -- Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook REVISED and UPDATED!
As soon as I discovered my all-time favourite, foolproof cookbook was being released in a revised and updated version I had to have it! The Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good is now even better than before, and personally I did not think it could get better. The revised and updated version contains the same recipes my family loves with an additional 100 recipes totaling 700 Slow Cooker recipes for those who love their crock-pots. Anyone who knows me is fully aware that I detest cooking, however, crock-pot cooking is foolproof and so quick and easy, especially following the recipes from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. In addition to adding more recipes, each recipe includes the prep time, cooking time, and ideal crock-pot size. Good also included tip pages for substitutions, using a crock-pot, measurement equivalents, necessary kitchen tools, helpful advise and a greatly improved index. I have yet to find a better cookbook than Good's Fix-It and Forget It Cookbook and I would not hesitate to recommend to everyone.
About the Author:
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold nearly 10 million copies.
Good's cookbooks have also appeared on the USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She is the author of Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker; Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow- Cooker Recipes; Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow-Cooker Favorites for all the Year Round, and Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook: Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone (with the American Diabetes Association), all in the series.
She and her husband, Merle, live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
For more information about Phyllis Pellman Good, visit her website and on Facebook.
I received a complimentary copy of Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good from FSB Media. Receiving a complimentary copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.