My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

08 May 2010

Book Review: The Way To Stillness



Title: The Way To Stillness: Powerful Tools For Those In Helping Professions
Author: Anne Alexander Vincent and Gayle Alexander
Publisher: Cottage in the Woods
Publication Date: February 1, 2010
Paperback: 214 pages
ISBN: 978-0984087600
Genre: Inspirational

Photobucket

My Review:

Beautifully uplifting The Way To Stillness by Anne Alexander Vincent and Gayle Alexander offers the reader a positive message of love, fulfillment and how to be present in the moment. The Way To Stillness is written in a manner that can be read in one sitting or savoured, bit by bit. Filled with relaxing photography, poignant memories of therapies that worked, as well as inspirational quotes, The Way to Stillness offers the reader a gentle, yet affective lesson in how to love themselves, to be thoroughly present in every moment and to be still. The authors take from over 50 years of clinical experience to compile this book to aid others to learn to be still, no small feat and a skill that is not mastered in a day. While the novel is primarily geared toward helping those who work in helping professions, I believe this small tome of inspiration can be tailored to fit anyone who is looking to find balance in their life. I would recommend The Way To Stillness to anyone in a caring profession as well as anyone looking to improve their life and to learn to be present, engaged and still.


I received a complimentary copy of The Way To Stillness by Anne Alexander Vincent and Gayle Alexander from The Cadence Group for review. Receiving a complimentary copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kay said...

I love the title of this book, THE WAY TO STILLNESS. Even the word stillness sounds peaceful. I need to get this book because that has been my quest this last few months - to self nurture and find ways to quiet my mind. I am making progress, but still have work to do. Thanks for sharing about it!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This sounds wonderful! I could have used this while I was in the social work trenches...although we did, occasionally, have seminars in how to "nurture" ourselves, which I still practice.

Love the name of the publisher: Cottage in the Woods.

mel said...

i can think of a few people that i would like to give this book to.
thanks for the review & happy sits saturday :)