My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

03 May 2010

The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds


Title: The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice
Author: Abigail Reynolds
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: May 4, 2010
Paperback: 448 pages
ISBN: 978-1402237324
Genre: Romance

Photobucket


From the Publisher
:

A modern love story with a Jane Austen twist.. .

Marine biologist Cassie Boulton has no patience when a modern-day Mr. Darcy appears in her lab on Cape Cod. Proud, aloof Calder Westing III is the scion of a famous political family, while Cassie’s success is hard-won in spite of a shameful family history.

When their budding romance is brutally thwarted, both by his family and by hers, Calder tries to set things right by rewriting the two of them in the roles of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice…but will Cassie be willing to supply the happy ending?


My Review:

The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds is a re-release of her original title, Pemberley By the Sea. Readers who like modern day adaptations of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice will probably find the characters of Cassie, Erin, Calder and Scott delightful. Cassie is a marine biologist and Erin is her assistant for the summer at Woods Hole where they meet the very wealthy Scott Dunstan and his chum S. Calder Westing III. Erin and Scott spend a summer inseparable while Cassie and Calder go back and forth in an ambivalent relationship. At the end of the summer Scott ends his relationship with Erin, devastating her while Cassie learns his best friend Calder added him to this conclusion. Reynolds' modern twist on Pride and Prejudice is an intriguing one, well thought out, brilliant plot and plot twists. I am a purist when it comes to Austen's Pride and Prejudice and I can say without a doubt I thoroughly enjoyed The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice. Reynolds will take the reader through numerous plot twists and turns, leading to a wonderful conclusion. I would recommend this novel to anyone, even to those who are Austen purists such as me.


I received a complimentary copy of The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds from Sourcebooks. Receiving a complimentary copy in no way reflected my review of aforementioned novel.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

This has been on my wish list since I first heard of it (a few months ago) so I'm glad to see your review and that you liked it! I haven't read any modern-day adaptations (or monster adaptations, yikes!) but this got my attention.

Farrah from The Book Faery Reviews said...

Just started this one and enjoying it so far. I enjoyed Jane Austen's original version so I'm looking forward to this adaptation.

Farrah from The Book Faery Reviews said...

Just started this one and enjoying it so far. I enjoyed Jane Austen's original version so I'm looking forward to this adaptation.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Great review!! The cover for this one is sooo sweet, it really draws me in, I've been curious about it for awhile. Thanks for the informative review!

Felicia S. said...

I am going to have to read this one for the Austen Challenge! Great Review!