My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

16 May 2010

The Sunday Salon 16 May


The Sunday Salon.com


Life: This past week rained a majority of the time, when not reading we either helped the neighbours or worked on our yard, which still requires a lot of work and was the focus of the weekend. My youngest son (the younger of the twins anyway) graciously shared his nasty, vile, horrific cold with me and I feel ghastly.

Family Update: Tomorrow we will be getting driving temps for the twins, our oldest needs to have his Senior pictures scheduled (this is where knowing what requirements the school has would come in very handy) and haircuts were scheduled for us all. However due to the deadly cold my son so generously shared with me, I feel horrendous, which means I must reschedule hair appointments and hope she can fit us all in before the formal dinner. The formal dinner is rapidly approaching and looking over my list of teen-related expenses (see above) this month, I may need to try to create an outfit from my closet or wish really hard for freak snow storm, in which case I am set in formal winter attire. My husband and I will soon be celebrating out 19th Wedding Anniversary. I have for 19 years hinted, begged, and pleaded for something, anything from Tiffany's. He informed me a few days ago that he ordered me an iPad. It would be a lie to say I am excited.

What I did on Saturday Night: Family movie night! Pajamas, junk food and old movies, it was a wonderful evening in. Having 3 teens, it is difficult at times to get everyone together, so this was quite special.

Read and Reviewed: I managed to read and review 12 books this week. I shall, as usual, list them all on Monday with links. Do not want to wait until Monday? They are all up and as usual, I love comments.

So what will I be reading? I will be continuing The Brothers of Gwynedd: The Legend of the First True Prince of Wales by Edith Pargeter

Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

Visit the The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

12 books! My lord, you have to be the fasted reader....

I hope you feel better soon!

Book Dilettante said...

Too bad the iPad doesn't come decorated with diamonds! Congrats on your anniversary! Harvee, My Sunday Salon

bookmagic said...

ipad? exciting!, great gift.
I don't know how you read like you do!!

Tea said...

Did you get my comment???

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Thank you for doing what you do!

Bill ;-)
Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
http://eduscapes.com/v2a/back_to_the_homeplace.html