My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 May 2010

The Sunday Salon 2 May


The Sunday Salon.com


Life: The past week was truly a dreadful one for me and I was unable to read and review as many books as I usually do and had hoped to read/review. For those wondering, we are still helping the neighbours move. It it taking forever, or so it seems.

Family Update: My oldest, as I type this post, is currently at his first prom. When I went to prom (a few decades ago) I used to to think the guys had it made, renting a tux seemed inexpensive. Okay, I was very, very wrong. Prom is costing us a small fortune for a few hours. I am hoping my twins will chose not to attend prom when it is time. Everyone looked lovey, and no, I shall not be posting pictures. I will update how it went next Sunday.

What I did on Saturday Night: I am typing this in bed, where I spent the day. DH was kind enough to take care of all the details with prom, pictures taken, and making certain all children are accounted for. He also made me homemade cookies. I am trying not to worry about my oldest son's safety.

Read and Reviewed:It was a very bad week. I have only managed to read and review 7 books and 1 DNF, which was my first ever and I did not blog about the novel. I will have a comprehensive list of what I read and reviewed this past week plus what my upcoming week will look like on Monday.

So what will I be reading? I am hoping to read On Folly Beach by Karen White.

Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

Visit the The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

4 comments:

bookmagic said...

7 books is awesome.
I never went to the prom, it seemed so silly and expensive and it is even more so now.

susan said...

Depending on what time curfew is, you may get a lot of reading done tonight! Hope all goes well. Seven books is still not a failure!!! Hope next week is better.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, my...prom! My exposure to proms came through movies, I'm afraid, and then later, living vicariously through my daughter. My parents would not allow it!

Alas! Which is why my daughter went to proms, winter and spring formals, etc. Everything possible. And now I'm still paying for them...Not really, but you know what I mean.

It's funny how your worst reading week is still better than mine, lol. But I did enjoy my week.

I see that you're going to read On Folly Beach this week. It's on my list, too!

Here's my salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-salon.html

Literary Feline said...

I am sorry your past week was so horrible, Jennifer. Hopefully this week will be much better.

I hope your oldest had a nice time at his prom!