My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

23 May 2010

The Sunday Salon 23 May


The Sunday Salon.com


Life: I am still sad I will not be at BEA and BBC. I will be missing out on making connections, meeting other reviewers, authors, publishers, publicist, etc, in person. I will miss out on hearing and seeing the newest ideas, releases, and missing some fantastic seminars. I cannot express how much it saddens me to not be involved. Yet, my family comes first, as it should.

Family Update: Tomorrow is my 19th Wedding Anniversary. We have a fun day planned then a small party with friends. Friday is my son's big formal affair and I found a Little Black Dress, accessories and heels I need to learn to walk in. I am contemplating painting my nails. The last time I did was in the early 80s, so I am not certain it would go well. My oldest was in his first fender bender and hopefully it will be his last. Thankfully, no one was injured. There is an amazing amount of damage to my car. :( This is not going to go well for my insurance premiums. My iPad has not arrived, I have tried to get excited about it, so far, there has been no excitement on my end, although my family cannot wait. We experienced another rainy week and yet still managed to plant flowers in the beds and prepared hanging baskets as well as moved some shrubs around. Overall the yard looks much better than it did. Our neighbours are completely moved into their flat. We see them daily, but it is somehow not the same, yet still good.

What I did on Saturday Night: I spent Saturday night in a theatre watching Extreme Theatre 2010. My son and his drama friends had 24 straight hours (their work began Friday at 7:30 P.M.) to write, create, cast, memorize, build sets, work lighting, make costumes etc, for the live performance on at 7:30 P.M. We had a brilliant time and those teens are quite talented!

Read and Reviewed: Even with the loss of my glasses I did read and review 11 books. I could have done more but lost a day during the great glasses hunt. I shall, as usual, list all the reviews I read this past week on Monday with links. Do not want to wait until Monday? They are all up and as usual, I love comments.

So what will I be reading? I am getting delightfully lost in Helen Hollick's Captain Jesamiah Acorne pirate series. Reviews will be coming, but for now anyone looking for a novel filled with action, adventure, suspense, strong women, pirates, wit and excellent writing, her first in the series is Sea Witch.

Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

Visit the The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Book Dilettante said...

Hope you find your glasses and that your iPad arrives soon. Happy anniversary! Harvee My Sunday Salon

Amy said...

Happy anniversary!

I loved Hollick's Pendragon's Banner series so I might just have to check out the pirate series.

Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

I'll definitely miss you at BEA and Book Blogger Con. There's always next year.

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Very excited (okay, and a tad jealous, too!) about your iPad. You'll have to tell us all about it. Glad to hear you found the perfect LBD. Hope your nail painting experimentation goes well...good luck! :)

Melody said...

Happy Anniversary, Jennifer!

Alyce said...

I'm not going to be able to make it to BEA either, so I feel your pain. Happy anniversary!

I wasn't excited about my husband's ipad at all, but then I had a chance to play with it for a while and I love it. It seems like one of us is always wanting to play with it (the kids too).