My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

30 May 2010

The Sunday Salon 30 May


The Sunday Salon.com


Life: This past week as been a wonderful week confirming my decision the pass up attending BEA and BCC this year was indeed the correct choice. I would have loved to have met up with bloggers, writers, publishers, publicists, etc., as well as get the scoop on the upcoming releases (and I do miss that). However, I would never have been able to get this last week back and I would not have missed this past week with my family for anything. In the end the correct choice was indeed made.

Family Update: Our 19th Wedding Anniversary and party was a lot of fun and the cake was delicious! My car will be repaired this week, so for four days we shall be down to one car, which DH will have considering his long commute, making this week rather interesting as we try to juggle all the schedules about. The rest of the week was spent acquiring the proper clothing for the big night.

What I did on Friday Night: Friday was the big day and most of it was spent preparing. The evening was utterly delightful! DH, Twin A, and myself all dressed up for a formal dinner and awards ceremony.

The Theatre department knows how to put on a brilliant show. After a delicious catered dinner we were entertained by the cast as well as the presenters of the awards. We were shocked and thrilled for our son who won The Best Rising Star award. The evening ended with the unveiling of the line-up of plays and musicals for the 2010-2011 season and everyone appeared quite pleased with the selections. Auditions begin in a mere 5 days! If you have a school near you, go and see the performances, there are a lot of talent teens out there.

For those wondering (and who was not on edge about these facts?) my fingernails and toenails looked lovely and red, the little black dress fit well, I wore a red wrap and DH wore a matching red tie, I was able to walk in my extremely high heels without twisting or breaking anything and finally, I did not have any runs in my pantyhose, which I consider a huge achievement.

Saturday Night: Family movie night! This may not appear to be a big deal, unless one happens to have three teens, in which case, having them all home at once is cause for celebration.

Read and Reviewed: This past week was a rather slow review week for me considering all the excitement of the past week. I read and reviewed 11 books, actually one was a DNF, but it is spotlighted, I did almost finish it. I shall, as usual, list all the reviews I read this past week on Monday with links. Do not want to wait until Monday? They are all up and as usual I love comments.

So what will I be reading? I am currently reading A Hollow Crown by Helen Hollick and will also be reading The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch. Check back for reviews.

Happy Reading and please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

Visit the The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Helen Smith said...

Hello, happy anniversary - and what a great site. I'm delighted to have found you via Blog Books.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Sounds like a good week with lots of reading, awards, and family time. That's so great that you all got together for movie night. We did as well, watching the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which prompted me to put the old version on netflix so my 9 year old can see the version I grew up with.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds wonderful! And enjoying family moments and celebrations is the most awesome thing.

I had to laugh about your "slow" reading week, though; even on your slowest week, you pass me by!

Here's my salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-salon-may-30-2010.html

readerbuzz said...

Wow! Pat yourself on the back if you can get your three teens to accompany you anywhere! Good work!

Suzanne said...

Spending time with the family is a wonderful pastime! Sounds like you had a great time!

I was able to get to BEA on thursday, but missed BBC myself. Next year though, I plan on not being sick the 10 days before BEA and making plans to meet my fellow bloggers in the city- including YOU if you go! :-) Have a great week!

Kathleen said...

What a perfect anniversary. I would love to have seen how great you looked in your dress!

And yes, having all three teens at home for a movie night is quite a feat. I'm glad you enjoyed your week.