My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

22 June 2010

Teaser Tuesday- Day For Night



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here is mine:

" I want to note here, as I read over these notations, that I do not always speak this way. In fact, I do not believe I ever speak this way, but when notating a case study, this is the narrative voice that of its own accord seems to emerge."

~Page 136, Day For Night by Frederick Reiken (ARC copy, page numbers may differ in the finished copy of the book.)
My review of Day For Night by Frederick Reiken.

What are you reading?

Photobucket

26 comments:

Ann said...

I am reading.... The Penny Pincher's Club... by Sarah Strohmeyer.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Great Teaser :)

How many times I wonder do people do that, look back over notations and wonder why they are so different than they normally are.

apple blossom said...

Interesting.

Mine is posted

http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-summer-in-paris.html

Alayne said...

Great teaser. :) I loved this book. Let me know when you post your review! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Andrea said...

That's funny. Nice teaser!

Here's mine.

aLmYbNeNr said...

I would hope no one would talk that way! Too many variations on the same word!

Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

Lori said...

I never heard of this book. Interesting teaser. I hope that your enjoying your book. Here's my teaser

Kathy Martin said...

Interesting teaser. I don't write like I talk either. My teaser is from Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs. Happy reading!

Helen said...

I am attempting to read Ghost by Robert Harris. Not easy as I have an eye problem at the moment so I am using a magnifying glass to read.
Verdict - well, it gets me to sleep at night. Yawn....

Aimee said...

Great teaser, this sounds like an interesting read. My TT is here.

fredamans said...

Maybe not for me.....

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser_22.html

Heather said...

Intriguing! I've noticed that my writing voice tends to change depending on what I am writing and to whom.
My post: The Devil Who Tamed Her

Tracy said...

Oh sounds good. I know I have different voices for different things. I answer the phone much more professionally at work than I do at home! lol

Here's mine for the week:
http://ahhhhhromance.blogspot.com/2010/06/tuesday-teaser-one-that-got-away.html

kaye said...

interesting . . . perhaps we all have a different narration voice.

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

That's a little twister teaser :) lol

Here is our teaser for today!

♥Isalys

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

That's a little twister teaser :) lol

Here is our teaser for today!

♥Isalys

bookmagic said...

I really liked this one, I hope you do too!

Amanda said...

Great teaser! I used to find myself speaking to family on the phone as I did at work, they thought it was hilarious! Sometimes those "professional" habits are hard to break.

Kelly said...

Interesting teaser! :)

celi.a said...

I too have a very distinct (and different) analytical 'voice.' Interesting teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Renee said...

Great teaser.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Janet Ruth said...

Very interesting!

My teaser is here

pussreboots said...

Sounds like an annoying character. My teaser this week is from How to Train Your Dragon.

Violet said...

Very interesting teaser. I enjoyed reading your review of Day For Night. Sounds like the best kind of story about how small the world really is and how closely we are connected to one another.

Jo said...

Wonderfully expressed teaser! :)

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Interesting teaser.

And thanks for stopping by.